Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Back to the dreaded four letter word "WORK!"

I am sitting here writing this while my cat Sweetpea is eyeing my lunch of cheese and crackers. She is waiting for me to look away just long enough to grab a bite. I am dreading going back to work tonight. This feeling is also compounded by having a great time on vacation and seeing all of the RV's on the road doing what I want to do right now!

Normally I usually like to get to where I am going as soon as I can but this time I was able to sit back and enjoy the trip, maybe not the traffic jam though. Mom was a great partner to have on the road and we spent the time chatting, looking at other RV's, her taking pictures, and funniest of all getting her addicted to Angry Birds on my phone.

We chatted about going on the road full time and how we both are dying to get started. We even talked about maybe even doing it together since a little thing called finances has been keeping the plan on hold so far for both of us.

Next week I am getting started on Plan A of my list to go full time someday. I know that I am not old enough to retire and collect Social Security, and it may not be there when I do want to collect. So for finances I am starting to work on a couple of areas that hopefully will provide an income while on the road. Need to make some calls, network, and pray that the ideas work. Will let you all know what they are and if they work later.

Trying to find a source of income on the road is challenging. I want to do something that won't be in competition with other RV'rs who are working on the road. It is out of respect and helps when you are providing a service/product that is unique. I have read many books that other full-timers have written and many of them have provided great ideas and tips. Granted each situation is different and some of the ideas are more geared towards someone with an income already and want to supplement it.

So with fingers crossed and a bit of luck, I hope things will start happening sooner than later.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear what some of your money making ideas are for the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree work is a 4 letter word, but it sure beats the 10 letter word....starvation! :)

    Thanks for stopping by the blog and entering the giveaway! I just want you to know, stevia sprinkled on pig rectum makes it quite palatable...and no, I haven't tried it. I'm just guessing! hehe!

    ReplyDelete