Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Elf on the Shelf



Last year I posted about a tradition that many families had with a little guy called Elf. His story is located at this website link, Elf. I wish I had known about this little guy when the kids were little. If you have little ones or have grandkids this may be a great Christmas gift idea for you. I know I am reposting about this little guy but I just can't help it. It is so cute hearing all about his little antics. Just do a google image search on "Elf on the Shelf" and you will see all kinds of things. Him making snow angels in flour, hiding in the fruit bowl, watching TV, playing with the dog's food, and so on.


This link, Rojo's Mischeif, is to a blog with some great pictures of some shenanigans of what he does. It can be some innocent stuff going up to some truly naughty stuff. It is up to the parents. I have read where they have gone as far as turn all the living room furniture upside down, toilet paper the entire inside of the house, and stuff like that. Thinking about it, it makes it a fun time for the parents to think of something every night for Elf. What can the little guy do tonight. Think of this as way to get the kids to behave, have a fun time looking forward to what he does, and a stress reliever for mom and dad during the holidays.


I hope you are all out there enjoying the leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast and looking forward to the Christmas season. I can't wait until the kids arrive because I have a couple of surprises planned for them. Yes, I am an impatient person. At least all my Christmas shopping is done. As for decorating my house, I don't have to worry about that. I don't really do any decorating. Yes, I may be a Grinch but my place is so tiny that all there is room for is two small table-top Christmas trees. One my mom made and a stained-glass one my dad gave me. When all the kids were here after Max graduated from boot-camp my place was bursting at the seams. Kids everywhere. The slightest mess made the place look like a pigsty. I was loving every minute of it because they were all here and I knew it was going to be short lived with them going off to their own places.






I have not been paid for advertising "Elf on the Shelf". Just wanted to spread the word on a truly cute story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment